Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ), periodically conducts institutional TOEFL ITP tests. These scores are valid in an application to the TUJ Undergraduate Program and Graduate Programs (Graduate College of Education, Beasley School of Law, and Master in Management Program).
The TUJ TOEFL ITP test is only for those who will apply to TUJ. Therefore, those who have already initiated the application process for a program or those who have already started to prepare to apply are eligible to take the TOEFL ITP test. Those wanting to take an TOEFL ITP test who have not yet contacted the program they want to apply to should please contact the program first.
TUJ’s Academic English Program (AEP) offers TOEFL ITP courses (classes are online some semesters), which include two actual ITP tests as part of the course each semester. Therefore, if you take one of these courses, you do not need to sign up for and pay separately for these ITP exams. For more information, please go to "TOEFL ITP Prep Course".
|Venue||Test Date||Application Deadline|
|Tokyo/Osaka||January 28, 2023||January 5, 2023|
|Tokyo/Osaka||February 25, 2023||February 2, 2023|
|Tokyo/Osaka||May 13, 2023||April 20, 2023|
|Tokyo||June 10, 2023||May 18, 2023|
|Tokyo/Osaka||July 29, 2023||July 6, 2023|
|Tokyo/Osaka||September 16, 2023||August 24, 2023|
|Tokyo||October 14, 2023||September 21, 2023|
|Tokyo/Osaka||November 11, 2023||October 19, 2023|
- Registration will be closed when it reaches full enrollment.
- If there are available seats after the deadline, you will be able to register Form Request for TOEFL ITP.
- You are not allowed to register for the tests conducted in Tokyo and Osaka in the same month.
- Examinees will not be able to take the test without a photo ID (Passport, driver's license, student ID, My Number card, etc.) and test fee will be forfeited
- Tokyo: Tempe University, Japan Campus (1-14-29 Taishido, Setagaya-ku) Map
- Osaka: Temple University, Japan Campus, Osaka Center (Osaka Ekimae Bldg. 3, 21st Floor, 1-1-3-2100 Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka) Map
6,500 yen (Including 10% tax)
|TEST TIME (A.M.)||TEST TIME (P.M.)|
|Testing Time||Approximately 2 hours|
|Testing Time||Approximately 2 hours|
- Above times are subject to change
- (Osaka) Please be advised that there is no waiting room before the check-in begins
Please complete the following by the registration deadline.
Please register by submitting this Form Request for TOEFL ITP .
Please make a payment of 6,500 yen.
You will receive the payment information after your registration has been successfully completed. You can pay the fee by credit card or bank transfer. Please ensure to make the payment after receiving the e-mail.
You will receive a confirmation email after we confirm your payment. If you have not received the confirmation email after 4 days, please contact Test Center.
Note: You are not allowed to register for the tests conducted in Tokyo and Osaka in the same month.
- Bank: Mizuho Bank, Azabu Branch
- Account Number: Savings, 8014674
- Recipient: TUJAEPTEMPLE
Note: Wire transfers should indicate the name of the applicant and test date (i.e. JohnTemple0312), and all bank charges should be paid for by the applicant.
What to Bring
- Photo ID (Passport, driver's license, student ID, My Number card, etc.)
Note: Examinees will not be able to take the test without a photo ID and the test fee will not be refunded if an examinee comes without a photo ID.
- Pencils and eraser
Note: You are allowed to bring soft ear plugs to reduce distractions
Test results will arrive at the testing facility eight business days after the exam date, and then will be sent to each program of the examinees' choice. Each program that you are applying to (Undergraduate Program, Graduate College of Education, Beasley School of Law or Master in Management Program) will then contact you via e-mail about your results. Please note that it may take some days to receive your TOEFL ITP score from the program.
TOEFL ITP tests that TUJ offers are conducted only for the purpose of applications to TUJ programs. Therefore, score slips will be sent directly to each program that a student is applying to and will not be given to examinees.
For more information and registration inquiries about TOEFL ITP tests, please contact via email or telephone as below. Regarding test results, please wait to be contacted by the program of your choice via e-mail.