The mission of the Library is to serve the TUJ community which includes faculty, staff, students from our Undergraduate, Graduate, Bridge, and Academic English Programs and patrons taking Continuing Education courses. See Borrowing Rules for TUJ community members.
We do make our resources available to guests, which include TUJ alumni, our university and high school partners, and visitors from Setagaya-ku. Below are guidelines for library guests.
- Approved visitors must sign in on the library tablet when visiting the library. No library cards will be issued.
- You will be allowed to check out up to three items at a time (any combination of books or videos). The guest checkout period for library items is four weeks (one week for videos).
- Copy machines and printers are available but require a PASMO or Suica card for payment. Free scanners are available.
- You will be responsible for replacement costs for any lost or damaged materials.
- You will not be allowed access the library's inter-library loan services.
- Your access will be restricted to the library; other TUJ facilities will not be available to you.
- You must adhere to the institution's student Code of Conduct.
- Although registered in the system, you may be asked to present photo ID when checking out materials. We will not issue a separate library card.
- Temple University, Japan Campus staff may revoke your privileges for any reason if we suspect you are not complying with these regulations.