Our Mission - Truly International
Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) is committed to providing a superior education in Japan, grounded on the traditions and contemporary practices of American higher education. Through innovative teaching, exceptional care, and rewarding opportunities in a multicultural setting, we equip students to thrive in an interconnected world. TUJ prioritizes students and strives to provide them with the tools to imagine, explore, and succeed in an ever-changing global workplace. While offering a truly international education in a multicultural and inclusive environment, we embrace the values, rigor and community spirit of our Main Campus in Philadelphia.
TUJ supports internationally-minded learners in the pursuit of their educational and career goals while encouraging a multicultural, cooperative, innovative, and entrepreneurial mindset. For the benefit of our learners, TUJ also seeks to build bridges across cultures and advance the globalization of higher education. It is our vision to cultivate excellence and foster student success through the following actions.
- Provide a rigorous American-style undergraduate liberal arts education (bachelor’s and associate’s degrees) and graduate programs (master’s and doctorate degrees) within a student-centered learning environment infused with global views and intercultural perspectives.
- Elevate learners in degree and non-degree programs through an educational experience that focuses on the development of global competencies, critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, creativity, artistry, leadership, interpersonal intelligence, integrity, research, and practical skills.
- Furnish a global, multicultural, and inclusive environment composed of students, staff, and outstanding faculty from the U.S., Japan, and other parts of the world.
- Offer individualized student attention, smaller class sizes, and regular interactions with faculty.
- Develop pathways to careers and graduate studies through TUJ stakeholders and connections.
- Forge cooperative relationships and engage with partners in education, government, and industry.