Starting October 1, 2019 the Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) library will begin registering residents of Setagaya-ku as guest members of the library. We will register up to 50 local residents as guests, allowing them to check out up to three items at a time. Please be aware of the following rules and restrictions:
- To qualify you must be a resident of Setagaya-ku.
- You may not be enrolled at or employed by any institution of higher learning in Japan, abroad, or through distance learning.
- You will be allowed to check out up to three items at a time (any combination of books or videos).
- You will be responsible for replacement costs for any lost or damaged materials.
- You will not be allowed access the library's inter-library loan services.
- Your access will be restricted to the library; other TUJ facilities will not be available to you.
- Although registered in the system, you may be asked to present photo ID when checking out materials. We will not issue a separate library card.
- Temple University, Japan Campus staff may revoke your privileges for any reason if we suspect you are not complying with these regulations.
To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting guest access and briefly explain why you would like access to Temple University Japan's collection. When you have received notification that your application has been accepted, please bring photo ID which verifies your Setagaya-ku residence to the library and we will finalize your registration.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.