Areas of Expertise
Data science, political science, statistics, survey methods, academic writing, public health, demography.
Throughout her career, Keiko Ono has used a variety of large national or cross-national survey datasets including the National Election Studies (NES), Eurobarometer, General Social Survey (GSS), and various PEW surveys. In addition to the training at Georgetown and at the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), she had a yearlong National Election Studies (NES) fellowship at the University of Michigan’s Institute for Social Research (ISR) where she studied survey methodology. More recently, she has been exploring ways to incorporate programming languages including Python into data analysis tasks.
- Population change in Japan (2018). Winner of the Linked Open Data (LOD) Challenge local issue award.
- Distribution of population natural changes among Japanese municipalities (2018). Winner of the Japanese Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication data analysis competition.
- The Future of the Sociology of Aging: an Agenda for Action. National Research Council, National Academy Press publication. Edited by Linda W. Waite and Thomas Plewes. Wrote drafts of Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Georgetown University.
- M.A. in Political Science, Georgetown University.
- M.A. in Journalism, New York University.
- B.A. in Law, Waseda University.
Keiko Ono’s previous academic appointments include Millikin University and the University of Oklahoma.
Part time appointments include Sophia University, Chuo University, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, Meiji Gakuin University, and International Christian University.
- American Political Science Association
- Japanese Association of Electoral Studies
- Public Policy Studies Association Japan