To All Recent TUJ Graduates:
TUJ is planning to hold a formal commencement ceremony on December 11, 2020 at Hitomi Memorial Hall for eligible graduates who completed their degree requirements in the following semesters:
- Summer 2019
- Fall 2019
- Spring 2020
- Summer 2020
Because the situation with COVID-19 is still fluid, we will make a final determination based on prevailing health conditions and government guidelines by mid-October if the December commencement will go forward as planned.
TUJ expects social distancing rules to be in effect resulting in changes to the usual format and a scaled down event compared to prior ceremonies. Travel restrictions may also prevent recent TUJ graduates who are not currently resident in Japan from returning to participate.
Please Note: Because of these and other potential issues in December, all recent TUJ graduates who successfully completed their degree requirements between Summer 2019 and Summer 2020 will be given the option to participate in the Spring 2021 ceremony instead, if they so choose.
In that case, they will join the graduating students from the fall 2020 and the spring 2021 classes in a combined ceremony on June 6, 2021. TUJ is working to give everyone as much flexibility as possible to participate in a ceremony of their choosing in either 2020 or 2021.
Important Next Steps:
- Keep your email active. Recent TUJ graduates should keep their TUJ email accounts active in order to receive further updates about commencement. TUJ email accounts are active only for one year after completing your degree unless you take active steps to maintain your account. Please see the following link for details and instructions: TUJ Alumni Email Accounts
- Respond to official emails from the TUJ Commencement team. In early September you will receive a survey asking about your current plans and interest in participating in either the December 2020 or June 2021 ceremonies. Please take a moment to respond to the survey to assist TUJ in planning the events. You do not need to decide now.
- Mark your calendars: Mark your calendars for Friday, December 11, 2020 and June 6, 2021. Further details will be forthcoming about each event in the weeks ahead.
- Check for Updates: Updates on Commencement will be posted here on the TUJ Commencement webpage, and on the special 2020 commencement website to be created soon.
- Communicate with TUJ. Please direct any comments or questions to the Commencement Team at email@example.com.
The TUJ Commencement Team