Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) welcomes applications from students who have completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma. IB courses are challenging and demanding, and they provide excellent preparation for university study.
Applicants seeking admission on the basis of the International Baccalaureate (IB) program must complete the IB diploma.
The following items must be submitted by the application deadlines:
1. Admission Application Form
2. Official IB Transcript
An official IB transcript must be sent directly to TUJ from the IB regional office.
The easiest way to ensure that TUJ receives your IB transcript is to name TUJ as a recipient when you sign up for IB program exam(s). If you do not name TUJ as a recipient when you take your exam, contact the IB Organization to request that your official IB transcript be sent directly to TUJ. Please use Request for results service for your IB transcript request at the IB Organization website.
Current High School Students
Submit your official high school transcript(s), and IB predicted grades. All documents must be official.
3. Typed, Personal Statement in English
The personal statement is a chance for applicants to introduce themselves; discuss their interest in TUJ; describe long-term personal, academic or career goals; or share any other information pertaining to academic goals that the applicant would like the Admissions Office to consider. The statement should be 250-400 words.
The Personal Statement text should be typed or pasted into the relevant field on the online application form.
4. Official Standardized Test Results
We are a test-optional school. If you believe an SAT or ACT score would complement your application, you should submit your scores from one of the following examinations:
One of the following examinations taken no earlier than two years before the date of application to TUJ:
- TOEFL: Order an official score report using TUJ's school code (9698). For more information on the TOEFL examination, visit www.ets.org/toefl/
- IELTS: E-mail a copy of your score report to email@example.com
- PTE: Order an official score report to be sent to the Japan Campus listed under Temple University. For more information on PTE, visit www.pearsonpte.com
- DUOLINGO: Order an official score report to be sent to Temple University, Japan Campus. For more information on DUOLINGO, visit www.englishtest.duolingo.com
5. Non-refundable Application Fee of ¥10,500
The non-refundable application fee is ¥10,500. If you are from a TUJ-affiliated school, the application fee is waived.
Prospective students applying for a Japanese student visa through TUJ must pay a visa application fee of ¥20,900 as a part of the Advance Payment.
Students who complete any IB courses may be awarded transfer credits based on the course subject and grade as determined by the Admissions Office.
The official IB transcript must be sent directly to TUJ from the IB regional office in order to be evaluated for transfer credit. Credits are awarded according to the Temple University IB Equivalency Table.