Transfer in Summer and Fall Semesters:February 15

Transfer in Spring Semester:September 30

Last update: August 29, 2018

Matriculated full-time students at TUJ who meet certain academic criteria may apply for transfer to study at Temple Main Campus in Philadelphia, USA.

Students who intend to transfer to Main Campus (for a limited duration or permanently) must attend a mandatory information session prior to changing the campus. If students plan to transfer in Fall semester, they must attend the Spring information session due to the fall semester priority registration timeline. Information sessions for Study Abroad opportunities are held each semester.

Students must meet all of the following criteria at the time of transfer application:

  • Be fully matriculated and enrolled full-time (12+ credits for fall/spring; 9+ for summer) at TUJ;
  • Have passed (or will have passed, if currently taking) English composition 0802 or 0812 with a grade of C- or better
  • Have completed full-time course work (12+ credits) for at least one semester (semester GPA must be 2.00 or better);
  • Have a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better;
  • Complete the final semester at TUJ with a semester GPA of 2.00 or better.

Along with changing the campus, students may change their major provided that they meet additional criteria set by each college/school (e.g., College of Science and Technology, Tyler School of Art and Architecture, Boyer College of Music and Dance). For more details, please contact AAC.

Tuition: When transferring to main campus, students will pay regular Temple main campus tuition according to their major and residency status. Japanese citizens wishing to study at main campus are encouraged to apply for the Watanabe scholarship. There are other study abroad scholarship opportunities, and students are encouraged to research and apply on their own.

From Main Campus to TUJ


Transfer in Summer and Fall Semesters:February 15

Transfer in Spring Semester:September 25

Students from Main Campus who wish to complete their degree at TUJ must contact their academic advisors first. Upon the completion of initial review by their advisors, Change of Program form must be submitted to the Academic Resource Center in the Division of University Studies.

Students who wish to spend a semester / academic year at TUJ but plan to eventually return to Main Campus to finish their degree should consult with Main Campus Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses, Suite 200 of Tuttleman Learning Center.

For more information, please contact the TUJ study abroad coordinator at