Things to Do before Advising and Registration
- Activate TUportal account by following the instructions sent to the e-mail address provided on the admissions application
- Prepare the final transcript(s) from the previous institution(s), if not yet submitted, and course syllabi and/or portfolio as necessary
(Art major students who want to use their transfer credits toward Temple’s studio requirements must present the course syllabus and portfolio to the Art program coordinator and obtain permission)
Additional Note for Students with Transfer Credits
Newly admitted transfer students should receive their transfer credit evaluation shortly after their acceptance. If one of the following cases occurs, please contact the Admissions Counseling Office immediately:
- The transfer credit evaluation has not yet been reflected on the Transfer Credit tab in the Next Steps channel after several weeks of your submission of the transcript
- Please also refer to Transfer Credits for the re-evaluation process, as appropriate
- If transfer students are currently completing their final semester at the previous institution, the official transcript with the final semester grades must be sent directly from your institution to the Admissions Counseling Office as soon as final semester grades become available.
- If students have questions regarding how the credits were transferred, ask the academic advisor during the advising session. Bring the course syllabi to request re-evaluation of the transferred courses in question.
New Student Orientation Format
Orientation will be held through an online Orientation course. It will consist of watching pre-recorded videos, reading information, and completing several online forms. By completing Orientation, students will be registered for their first semester classes and ready to go for their first semester. The following is a brief overview of what is included in New Student Orientation: