F2P APPLICATION DEADLINES:
Fall (priority/recommended): March 1
Fall (final): June 15
Spring: September 30
F2P online application
(must be logged into TUportal)
To enable TUJ students to accumulate even more global experience, qualified students can study at Temple University main campus in Philadelphia for 1-3 consecutive semesters (including Summer semester) by paying TUJ tuition rates to Main Campus in Philadelphia. Students may begin the F2P program in the Fall or Spring semesters, but not the Summer. The Fly to Philly Program (F2P) was created in an effort to make overseas study even more affordable for all degree-seeking TUJ students. By studying in both Tokyo and Philadelphia, our students can truly experience an international education. We are confident that the dual campus approach will enrich the university experience and provide our students with a springboard to a fulfilling global career.
- Fully matriculated at TUJ (Bridge program and non-matriculated students are not eligible)
- Have studied for at least one semester at TUJ
- In good academic standing at the university (This includes the semester before going to Main Campus. Academic Warning, Academic Probation and Visa Probation students are not eligible)
- Cumulative and current GPA is 2.0 or higher
- Clear of any conduct or disciplinary issues at TUJ
- Clear of any holds at TUJ (e.g. financial hold, visa hold)
- Must maintain full-time status (12-18 credits) each semester while at Main Campus
In addition, to ensure academic success at Main Campus, it is strongly recommended that students have:
- Successfully completed at least one semester of full-time coursework (12+ credits) at TUJ
- Completed the ENG 802/812 requirement
At the conclusion of the F2P program, TUJ students may choose to transfer to Main Campus permanently. At this point, students will pay regular Temple Main Campus tuition according to their major and residency status. This Change of Program (CoP) process is overseen by TUJ Academic Advising Center (AAC). For more information, contact at AAC@tuj.temple.edu.
Japanese citizens (and permanent residents of Japan) wishing to study at Main Campus are encouraged to apply for the Watanabe Scholarship by the US-Japan Council. There are other study abroad scholarship opportunities, and students should research and apply on their own. Your home town/country may have their own scholarship program to support study abroad.
For more information on the costs associated with studying at the Main Campus in Philadelphia, please visit the following websites:
- Cost of living
- Housing options (on-campus & off-campus)
- Meal plans
- Health insurance
- I-20 and US student visa
- US Embassy information
Information sessions on this program are held at the beginning of every semester. For questions regarding the Fly to Philly Program, please contact the study abroad coordinator in the Office of Student Services and Engagement at GoAbroad@tuj.temple.edu.