The PC Clinic at Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ), provides assistance to currently registered TUJ students (except Continuing Education) with their personally owned computers.
Note: This service offers students the opportunity to learn how to repair and maintain their computers.
TUJ HD Clinic offers the following services:
- virus/malware removal
- system rebuild/restore
- software installation
- data backup
- PC/Mac network setup and configuration
This service is provided at the ITS Help Desk located in the room 501. Note that all technical student worker consultants are supervised by a full time staff member.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is entitled to this service?
Currently registered TUJ students (except Continuing Education) with a personally owned computer.
What are the limitations and restrictions related to this service?
- All TUJ HD Clinic sessions require an appointment.
- The TUJ HD Clinic staff member will spend a maximum of 1 hour troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving an issue. If the process requires more than 1 hour, we might re-schedule the rest of process.
- Clients are allowed a maximum of 3 TUJ HD Clinics per semester.
Services not provided
- printer repair/installation/setup
- loaning tools
- storing equipment
What are the applicable policies or guidelines?
How do I use this service?
A currently registered TUJ student (except Continuing Education) makes an appointment and then brings their computer to the Help Desk.
Note: Students work with a Help Desk technical student worker consultant to troubleshoot any issues.
What are the requirements for using this service?
- Have an initial consultation and scheduled appointment.
- Back up all data before scheduled appointment.
- Bring the computer to the TUJ Help Desk in room 501.
- Arrive at the start of the scheduled appointment time.
- Sign the repair-release legal waiver.
- Students must be present for the duration of the scheduled appointment.
- major manufacturers only
- OS: Windows XP or higher, English and Japanese OS only
- system speed: 2 GHz or higher
- RAM: 1 GB or higher
- home-built systems: not permitted
- Mac OS X v10.5 or higher
You need to bring the following items to the appointment:
- all system CDs/DVDs that came with your computer
- power adapters and cords for laptops
Note: If you have a desktop computer, please do not bring your monitor or keyboard, unless requested by the TUJ Help Desk.
What is the time frame for fulfillment of this service?
The maximum time allotted for an TUJ HD Clinic session is 1 hour. Depending on the demand, TUJ HD Clinic appointments are available up to two weeks in advance on a first-come first-served basis.
When is this service available for use?
Based on hours of operation and availability of support staff, TUJ HD Clinic sessions are generally offered as appointment bases. Please ask Help Desk to arrange.
What is the cost of this service?
This service is provided at no charge.
How do I request this service?
Come to the Help Desk in room 501 or send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. After an initial consultation, a Help Desk consultant may schedule a TUJ HD Clinic appointment.
How do I obtain help with requesting this service?
- Room 501