Areas of Expertise
Fine Arts (Painting & 2D Media)
Assistant Professor Sakurai currently teaches undergraduate art courses on 2 dimensional media, concentration on drawing & painting. He also teaches a major capstone course Art Seminar.
Sakurai's research surrounds topics on "identity" in contemporary culture, his art projects has been exhibited in both Japan and United States. In addition to his artist career, he has also served as a professional exhibition engineer and translator for internationally acclaimed artists and museum exhibitions in Japan.
- MFA Cranbrook Academy of Art
- BFA Center For Creative Studies College of Art and Design
- 2008 "Cranbrook Japan" Shinjuku Park Tower Building, Ozone Space, Tokyo
- 2007 "5th Year Anniversary Exhibition", Higure 1715 CAS Gallery, Tokyo
- 2006 "Light, Sound & Action: Art and Technology" , Edith Langley Barrett Fine Arts Gallery, NY
- 2004 "The Sculpture Space Resident Artists" , The Sculpture Space, NY
- 2003 "Wax & Wane", Higure 1715-CAS, Tokyo
- 2002 "Memenoto", Higure 1715-CAS, Tokyo
- 2001 "Pathfinder", Pepper's Loft Gallery, Tokyo
- 2000 Phillip Morris Art Award, Final Selection Exhibition" Garden Place Ebisu, Tokyo
- 2002 Lecturer, Biggako Art School, Tokyo
- 1997 Lecturer, Washington University St.Louis, School of Art, St.Louis, MO.