TUJ High School Summer Program 2023
Aug 2-10, 2023
See the Special Summer Experience!
Japanese language classes and a choice from four electives: Film, Art, Business, International Affairs
Overnight cultural excursion to Nikko
1-day excursion to Tokyo DisneySea
Field trips and exploration in Tokyo
Combined events and meals with Japanese high school students
Staff and current TUJ student support on all activities
- No Japanese ability is required to attend the program. Beginner, intermediate and advanced Japanese language classes are planned to be offered.
- Class and elective availability and content is subject to change.
- Placement in your preferred elective is not guaranteed.
Students' Memorable Moments...
"I loved the the hospitality, the people, and the fact that I got to experience Japanese culture and live it for a week."
"I loved getting to meet others with similar interests and interact with Japanese students. It was really interesting and exciting to learn about and experience modern Japanese culture firsthand."
"The college style classes and the fun activities"
"Meeting both international and Japanese students"
"I loved having the TUJ Program Assistants, they were almost my favorite part of the entire trip. They helped me feel safe, welcomed, and comfortable in Japan."
Program Fee Details
- Includes 8 nights’ accommodation, all meals, classes, program-related transportation and entrance fees to all program-related events.
- Does not include airfare to and from Japan or travel insurance. All participants are required to purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy to cover the entirety of the program.
- Payment is due by June 1, 2023 and is strictly non-refundable.
- Non-refundable 10,000 JPY registration fee due within one week of acceptance to the program.
- Payment deadline for students requiring a visa to visit Japan is May 1, 2023.
About a Visa to Visit Japan
Many nationalities qualify for a visa exemption and do not need a visa for short-term stays in Japan. Nationalities not included in the list below on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) website must apply for a visa on their own. Please contact us for details.
Official Event Poster