Arrival and Orientation
During New Student Orientation Week you will attend several sessions designed to familiarize students with university policies and services, and provide critical information to help get your college career at TUJ off to a great start. Orientations are mandatory for all new students, so please check the dates and plan your schedule/travels accordingly.
New Student Orientations are conducted a week before the start of each semester. Orientation includes:
- University welcome and campus tour (Virtual campus tour on YouTube)
- Introduction to university services and academic policies
- Student visa and living in Japan information (for visa-sponsored students only)
- Placement assessments
- New student advising and registration
- New student welcome activity
- The start of your classes!
Note: the schedule is updated two months prior to the start of each semester.
A detailed schedule for the orientation will be e-mailed to you and available on this page closer to your start date.
|Summer 2019||Fall 2019||Spring 2020|
(for students staying in
|May 15||August 21||January 6|
|Orientation Starts||May 16||August 22||January 7|
|Classes Start||May 27||September 2||January 14|