Applying for a Student Visa

All non-Japanese students who intend to take classes for more than three months and who do not have a resident, diplomatic, dependent, spousal or other type of visa must acquire a Japanese student visa through TUJ. Students cannot apply for a Japanese student visa independently of TUJ. TUJ will submit visa application documents to the Japanese Immigration Bureau on your behalf.

Requirements for Visa-sponsored Students

Changing Visa Status

To change your visa status to a TUJ-sponsored student visa, please make an initial appointment with the visa coordinator ( in the Office of Student Services (OSS) upon your admission to TUJ. During your appointment, you will discuss the best option for your situation and learn what documentation is required in order to change your status.

Visa Application Deadlines

Visa application deadlines for each semester are listed under the Admissions section.