U.S. Federal Financial Aid

U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the U.S. can apply for U.S. federal financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Non-U.S. citizens may be eligible for financial aid from their home country's government. Contact your country's department of education to see what benefits may be available.

Your admissions status at TUJ is also important in determining your eligibility for federal financial aid. You must be accepted to TUJ as either:

U.S. students who are accepted to TUJ as permanent non-matriculated or permanent non-degree seeking students are not eligible for federal financial aid. More information on non-matriculated status federal aid can be found here.

For detailed information for TUJ students to apply for federal financial aid, please visit the Temple University Main Campus website.

Applying for FAFSA

  1. Start your FAFSA application
  2. Use the code: 003371
  3. List your housing status as "off campus"
  4. Accepted TUJ students will receive detailed information and guidance on how to apply their financial aid award to TUJ

Temple University FAFSA Code: 003371

FAFSA Application Schedule

January 1:
The earliest date you can file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the school year beginning in September.
March 1:
Priority deadline for freshman, transfer, and continuing students to complete FAFSA. Students should still apply after this deadline, but all funding sources may no longer be available.
May 1:
Deadline to apply for Pennsylvania State Grant (PHEAA) funding. For Non-PA State Grants, please visit the Student Financial Services (SFS) website at the main campus for more information.

Procedures for TUJ Students

Releasing Your Student Record

Temple University, Japan Campus follows both U.S. and Japanese regulations - the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Japanese privacy law. Therefore, TUJ cannot disclose a student's educational records without written consent. In order for TUJ to process a student's financial aid application, it is important that students complete the procedures below.

1. Waive the FERPA Rights

2. Submit the Educational Record Release (ERR) Form

GI Bill and Veterans Benefits

Students eligible for the GI Bill (Post-9/11 and Montgomery) may use these funds towards tuition and fees at TUJ. For more information, pleave visit the GI Bill and Veterans Benefits page.

Contact Information for Questions Related to Financial Aid

For questions related to financial aid, please contact either one of the following offices: