Areas of Expertise
Development Economics, Political Economy of Public Policy
Development Economics, Applied Microeconometrics, Public Policy Analysis, Global Political Economy
International Trade, Labor, Inequality, Gender
- Gupta, Prachi & Matthias Helble (2022). Adjustment to trade opening: The case of labor share in India's manufacturing industry. The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, 31:1, 109-135, DOI: 10.1080/09638199.2021.1949379
- Yoshino, Naoyuki and Prachi Gupta (2020). How to Avoid Household Debt Overhang? An Analytical Framework and Analysis for India. The International Review of Financial Consumers (IRFC), 5, 1-11.
- Veeramani, Choorikkad, Lakshmi Aerath, and Prachi Gupta (2018). Intensive and extensive margins of exports: What can India learn from China ?. The World Economy: 1196-1222.
- Gupta, Prachi and Matthias Helble (2020). The Impact of Tari Liberalization on the Labor Share in India's Manufacturing Industry in M. Bachetta and M. Helble, eds, Trade Adjustment in Asia: Past Experiences and Lessons Learned. Asian Development Bank Institute, pp 115-140.
- Gupta, Prachi, and Bihong Huang (forthcoming). In-kind transfer and child development: Evidence from subsidized rice program in Indonesia in Human Capital Development for Inclusive Growth in the Digital Age. Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Chakraborty, Pavel and Prachi Gupta (2020). Does Change in Intellectual Property Rights Induce Demand for Skilled Workers? Evidence from India . ERIA Discussion Paper Series No. 347 .
- Gupta, Prachi, Upasak Das, and Ashish Singh (2013). Child disability and maternal work participation: New evidence from India . No. 2013-6. Kiel Institute of the World Economy, Economics Discussion Papers.
- Ph.D. in Economics, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research
- M.Sc. in Economics, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research
- B.Sc. in Hons. Statistics, Lady Shri Ram College for Women (LSR), Delhi University
Research Associate, Asian Development Bank Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Assistant Manager, Deloitte Haskins and Sells, Mumbai, India