GRE Prep Course
GRE (Graduate Record Examinations)
The GRE measures Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning skills. The number of questions and time allotted for each section are following:
- Analytical Writing
- Analyze an Issue: 30 minutes
- Analyze an Argument: 30 minutes
- Verbal Reasoning
- Section 1（20 questions）: 30 minutes
- Section 2（20 questions）: 30 minutes
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Section 1（20 questions）: 35 minutes
- Section 2（20 questions）: 35 minutes
This course is designed for students or working professionals who are planning to apply to Graduate Programs at TUJ or overseas. This course will help students prepare for Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning Assessment and achieve higher scores on the GRE exam. In this course, students will study with a GRE preparation book and online exercises, and take practice tests twice.
Note: Quantitative Reasoning will not be covered in the course except for some of the related vocabulary.
The GRE preparation course has 8 classes x 1.5 hours each. Students will be taking two practice tests during the course. Examples of the content of each of the eight classes are as follows:
- Class 1:
- Practice Test 1 / Test-taking Strategies
- Class 2:
- Practice Test 1 Feedback / Analytical Writing
- Class 3:
- Analytical Writing Feedback / Verbal Reasoning
- Class 4 and 5:
- Verbal Reasoning / Quantitative Reasoning Vocabulary
- Class 6:
- Overall GRE Test Review
- Class 7:
- Practice Test 2 / Test-taking Strategies Review
- Class 8:
- Practice Test 2 Feedback / Individual Conferences
2021 Spring Semester
- Tuesday, March 23 – Thursday, April 15, 2021 (8 classes)
- Application Deadline:
- Thursday, March 12
*We will stop accepting applications once all seats are filled.
*Depending on space availability, we may accept applications even after the deadline.
*Applications received outside of business hours will be processed the next business day.
- The application period has ended.
- Apply for this Course
If you have any questions or concerns about the class, we would be glad to arrange an individual meeting (English or Japanese). To schedule an individual meeting, please contact the Academic English Program at email@example.com. If you are planning to apply to TUJ's Graduate Programs and have questions, please contact each program department.
- 36,000 yen (Tax Included)
- *Students are required to purchase a textbook.
- Designed for:
- College students and working professionals who wish to enter Graduate Schools at TUJ or overseas.
- Dates and Times:
- GRE Test Preparation and Practice Tests, taught in English: Tuesday and Thursday, 7:30pm – 9:00pm
- This course will be taught online via Zoom.
Note: Those who do not plan to apply to TUJ graduate school can also take this course.
|Class||Language of Instruction||Schedule (Tuesday & Thursday)||Time|
|GRE Test Preparation and Practice Tests||English||March 23, 25, 30, April 1, 6, 8, 13, and 15||7:30pm-9:00pm|
Steps to Attend the Program
Please follow the procedures below to attend the course.
1. Submit your application
Please apply through the online form by the specified deadline.
2. Receive the program details
Details of tuition fee payment and the course guide will be sent to you via e-mail. The email serves as notification that you are now officially enrolled on the course.
3. Pay the tuition fees
Please pay the tuition fees via wire transfer to the specified bank account by the deadline.
4. Submit the required documents before the first day of class
Submitting an Electronic signature on Adobe Sign
- Click the URL of the email you received from AEP.
- Check the required documents and sign in the signature line using some sort of electronic input.(ie Using a stylus, touchscreen, or mouse) by handwriting or inputting.
- Click "Click to sign" to complete the signature.
By the first day of class, please scan or take a photo of the following documents and send them as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirmation slip from the wire transfer for of the tuition fees
Please apply by completing the online application form, by calling the AEP office, or by visiting in person at the university. Please feel free to contact us for any questions about course details or the application process.
*Depending on space availability, we may accept applications even after the deadline has passed. Please submit the application form, and we will get back to you.
The application period has ended.
Note: Please be aware that courses cannot be offered in the event that there are insufficient numbers of applicants.