Applicants with the following qualifications may apply for the Academic English Program
- Have graduated or will graduate from an accredited secondary or high school, or
- Have completed or will complete an IB diploma or GCE A Level program
- GED applicants are required to submit transcripts from all schools attended since the start of high school, in addition to the official GED transcript.
Applicants who wish to enter the TUJ Undergraduate Program must also meet the following qualifications;
- Minimum cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 5.0 scale, or 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- GED applicants must possess a General Education Development certificate, Kosotsu Nintei Shiken (formerly Daiken), or its equivalent. (GED applicants are advised to apply with at least 15 college-level semester credits to strengthen their applications.)
After applying using the Online Application Form, send the other required documents by mail.
Apply by Mail
Anyone meeting the qualifications may apply.
1. Submit application documents
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Students can apply for admission to TUJ up to three semesters in advance. For details regarding application documents, please see here.
2. Take the AEP entrance test
Please see here for the schedule and the conditions of the entrance test waivers.
3. Selection Process
4. Receive admissions decisions by mail
Applicants typically receive an admissions decision and an information material packet within one week. If admitted, please follow the procedures described in the packet you receive to pay the entrance fees and tuition fees, as well as all other fees. You will also receive information about the placement tests.
5. Take the placement test
Please see the schedule and procedures for taking the test.
The orientation will give you guidance about the details of the program and attendance is required.