Areas of Expertise
Foreign Language Teaching, Japanese Pedagogy, Japanese Language.
A Learner - Centered Approach. Yoshiko Ichimura has designed courses to meet learners’ needs and interests. She has taught various learners from beginner to advanced, including JLPT preparation and business Japanese, children and business-people. Assistant Professor Ichimura has been teaching all courses from Elements I to Advanced IV and skill courses such as Oral Intensive, Kanji, Writing, and Structure of Japanese Language since joining TUJ in 2007. She taught Japanese at Senshu University, Musashino University, and Waseda University.
Yoshiko Ichimura is interested in Task-Based Learning, Project-Based Learning, Motivation, Teaching the Written Language, Teaching the Spoken Language and Curriculum Design.
- Ichimura, Y (2020) Japanese Social Issue Project: Exploring Foreign Students’ Reaction to their Projects. Japanese Language Education Methods, 26 (2).
- Ichimura, Y (2019) Blog project for the Basic Writing Course. Japanese Language Education Methods, 25 (2).
- Master of Science in Language Teaching, The University of Edinburgh
- Diploma in Teaching Japanese, Institute of International Education in London
- Bachelor of Arts in English and English Literature, Seisen University
- The Society for Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language
- Japanese Language Education Methods
- The Japan Association for Language Teaching