Areas of Expertise
Public Policy, Political Economy, International Relations, Japanese Politics. Hiromi Murakami’s current projects include Japanese Industries’ Order and Industry-State relations.
- Murakami, H. (Forthcoming 2021). Gender Policies and Conservative Values. In The Abe Legacy: How Japan has been Shaped By Abe Shinzo. Lexington Books.
- Sunami, A., and Murakami, H. (2017). Green Innovation and Japan’s competitiveness of environmental technology. In K. Ueda (Ed.), Environmental Management: Green Innovation. Chuokeizai sha.
- Murakami, H. (2012). The origins of Japanese developmental state: Japanese Management of ‘Manchukuo’ through Special Corporations. Asian Journal of Political Science, 20(2), 129-153.
- Ph.D. in International Relations, School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University.
- M.B.A. International Business, St. Mary’s College.
- Adjunct Fellow, Center for Strategic International Studies (2014- Current)
- Assistant Professor, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies, Tokyo (2011-2014)
- Fellow, Economic Strategy Institute (2006-2010)
- Instructor, School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins, Washington, D.C. (2004-2006)
Visiting Scholar, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies