The New Temple University, Japan Campus
Global Campus, Global Future
Help Build the New TUJ
The goal of the building campaign is to raise ¥150,000,000 to fund the interior design, outfitting and physical move of Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) from Minami-Azabu to a purpose-built academic facility on the campus of Showa Women's University (SWU) in Setagaya-ku, Tokyo in 2019.
The new facility will allow TUJ to better meet its historic mission to educate students as global citizens while continuing its strategic growth and academic program development over the next 20 years.
The new building will bring graduate and undergraduate programs, classrooms and administrative offices currently spread across three facilities in Tokyo together under one roof. This will greatly enhance TUJ's learning environment, improve access to faculty and academic support services for students, and increase operational efficiencies for university staff. The relocation will also create new opportunities for collaborative programs with SWU, increased faculty research, and an improved student life experience with access to athletic facilities.
Global Campus, Global Future*
The new TUJ campus will feature:
- A traditional university setting with usable outdoor spaces and athletic facilities
- A new academic building with 9000 square meters across six floors dedicated solely to TUJ
- A state-of-the-art environment with integrated teaching and learning technology
- A modern 50,000 volume library with access to expansive online resources and academic journals
- Expanded studio space for art and photography programs
- A dedicated exhibition and gallery space to showcase the work and talent of TUJ students
- Improved faculty spaces
- Enhanced student common areas, including a larger student lounge and cafeteria
- An improved layout of administrative offices for operational and staffing efficiency
- Extensive new meeting space for staff, and dedicated study and discussion rooms for students
How You Can Help
Donations in any amount will help TUJ create the best possible physical learning environment for students and faculty. At the ¥250,000 level or above, the names of individual donors will be recognized and honored in a permanent display on the new campus.
There are numerous ways to designate a gift for particular purposes, and naming rights are available at the following levels:
|Major Academic and Public Spaces on Campus||¥20,000,000+|
|Meeting Rooms and Large Classrooms||¥5,000,000|
|Small Study Spaces||¥1,000,000|
|Name on the Donor Wall in the Central Atrium||¥250,000|
|Name Plate on a Library Carrel||¥100,000|
|Inscribed Brick on the Exterior Walkway||¥35,000|
For information on naming rights for gifts above ¥20,000,000, please contact Institutional Advancement at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 03-5441-9800 (ext. 913)
One of the greatest benefits of donating to TUJ is knowing that you made a real difference in the lives of dedicated students. Please donate today!
*Congratulations to Erica Adams for her winning slogan submission: Global Campus, Global Future.