Sophia University and Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) will hold the fourth joint English-only career fair entitled “Get to Know Various Companies in English!” on Thursday, November 10.
As one of the universities selected for the Top Global University Project (Global Traction Type) by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Sophia University aims to further increase internationalization through educational collaboration with top graduate schools overseas as well as international organizaions including UN, NGOs, and private entities. Also, it plans to strengthen ties with 283 partner universities in 54 countries. TUJ has over 1,000 undergraduate students — a diverse student body consisting of approximately 40% American, 40% Japanese, and 20% students from approximately 60 other countries. All classes at TUJ are in English and are based on an American-style curriculumn. Both Sophia and TUJ are committed to supporting job placement of highly motivated foreign nationals seeking work in Japan and Japanese students with excellent English skills and global career aspirations.
This event is open to all students at TUJ and Sophia. The job hunting cycle in Japan has gone through quite a few changes in recent years. These changes have not necessarily been advantageous for Japanese students studying abroad and foreign students in Japan. Therefore, Sophia and TUJ are collaborating to create an opportunity for students and businesses to meet each other.
- Date & Time:
- Thursday, November 10 (13:00 – 16:00)
- Building 2, 17F Meeting Room at Sophia University, Yotsuya Campus (Kioicho 7-1, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo) (Access)
- All Sophia and TUJ students with at least business-level English ability (both international and Japanese students (and recent graduates), including students in Japan both short- and long-term or on exchange, regardless of graduation status)
- Brief company introductions
- Company information sessions
Aberdeen Asset Management, BtoTree, Café Company, Daijob.com, Daiwa Resort, HR Net One, Human Resocia, Keio Plaza Hotel, Mitsubishi Fuso, Mitsuboshi Belt, PwC, SG Holdings
- As of October 25
- List of participating companies is tentative
Sophia University and Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ)
Inquiries on the event:
Career Centre, Sophia University
- 03-3238-3581 (Mon-Fri 9:30-17:00, except 11:30-12:30)
Career Development Office, Temple University, Japan Campus
- 03-5441-9873 (Mon-Fri 9:00-17:00)
Media Inquiries for coverage:
Please contact Sophia Public Relations by November 9, 2016
- 03-3238-3179 (Mon-Fri 9:30-17:00, except 11:30-12:30)
Inquiries on this press release:
Communications and Marketing Support, Temple University, Japan Campus
- 03-5441-9801 (Mon-Fri 9:00-17:30)
For further information:
Please visit the event page below.