Governance, Risk Management, Student Services, Staff Career Paths, Active Learning …and more
The public is invited to the October 19 wrap up session for the internationalization training program for Japanese university staff and faculty. This training program was held in June in both Japan and the U.S. with the support from the U.S. Embassy. Four program participants will be featured as presenters and panelists. They are among the 29 staff and faculty members from national, public, and private universities throughout Japan who participated in the program. The speakers will share knowledge that they gained during the 10-day training from the practitioners’ point of view. This wrap up session may serve as the basis for future discussions.
Please come and join us. We hope you get ideas for the internationalization of higher education in Japan from the current administration practices of a U.S. university.
- Wednesday, October 19, 2016
- 19:00 (Doors open at 18:30)
- Temple University, Japan Campus, Azabu Hall (Access）
- University administrators, education industry leaders, media, journalists, and others
- Free (Open to the public)
- Please send your name, institution, phone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
*This event is subject to possible media coverage, which might involve photo shooting.
- This event will be held in Japanese
- Subject to change without notice
- Welcome address
U.S. Embassy representative (TBA)
Training program overview
Norihisa Shimada, TUJ Academic Advising Center
- Toshiaki Matsunami, Program Coordinator, Section for Study Abroad Programs, Office of International Affairs, Doshisha University
- Natsuko Moteki, Exchange Coordinator, Administrative Chief, International Exchange Programs Office, Administrative Division of International Exchange Programs, Kokugakuin University
- Maria Vasileva, Designated Associate Professor, Department of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University
- Arata Kuno, Associate Professor, Faculty of Social Science, Kyorin University
- Panel discussion
- Closing remarks
TUJ Dean Bruce Stronach