Admission Application Requirements
Please place all of the following documents in an envelope, write Contains Application Documents on the reverse side, and send the envelope by registered mail to the following address or bring it to the inquiries desk in person during office hours. Documents will not be returned, and the application fee is non-refundable.
1. Admission Application Form
Please complete one of the following.
2. Official High School and College Transcripts in English
Submit official transcripts from all high schools, universities, and colleges attended and, if necessary, English translations by a certified translator. Transcripts must be issued by the school in sealed school stationery envelopes and sent by postal mail, or a TUJ-approved digital transcript service. Students may have their institutions send digital transcripts through one of the following services:
- Docufide / Parchment Exchange
- SCRIP-SAFE International
- Diploma Sender (GED)
- Joint Services Transcript
Current high school students may submit an interim high school transcript. Students who have a GED must submit an official GED transcript and a copy of their GED diploma.
- Students with 30 or more college-level semester credits taken after high school graduation are not required to submit high school transcripts.
- If a student has previously studied in Japan (language school, credit program, etc.), even under a tourist visa, an official academic transcript, attendance record and letter of activity completion will be required for the student visa application regardless of whether it is required for the admissions application or not.
3. Application fee of 43,200 yen (including tax)
After paying the application fee via wire transfer to the following bank account, please submit a copy of the wire transfer receipt or the ATM documentation showing the wire transfer to your admissions counselor.
- Mizuho Bank, Azabu Branch
2-11-6 Minami Azabu, Minato-ku
Tokyo, Japan 106-0047
- Account Number:
- Futsu 8014674
- Payment should be made in the applicant's name.
- The sender is responsible for all bank charges.
- Payment by check, cash or credit card cannot be accepted.
- Application fee is non-refundable.
Applicants Requiring Visas
Please be aware that the AEP does not confer eligibility for application for status of residence. (However, students entering the Undergraduate Program directly may apply for status of residence.)
Applicants holding status of residence other than a student visa
Please submit a copy of your passport and visa, or a copy (both sides) of your residence card, special permanent resident certificate or alien registration card.
Send all documents to
Please send the necessary documents to the following address by registered mail, or bring them to the office in person during the office hours.