National Health Insurance

All residents of Japan, including students who acquire a visa through TUJ, MUST register for national health insurance (NHI / Kokumin Kenko Hoken) even if you have an insurance plan in your own country. The cost of insurance is determined by the local government. For the detailed information, please see the Medical Information section.