Maintaining Your Visa Status in Japan

If you are a visa-sponsored student at TUJ, you cannot continue as a TUJ student unless you maintain your student visa status. You must be aware of and abide by the Japanese Immigration regulations as well as TUJ regulations.

During your study at TUJ, you must be enrolled as a full-time student. You may want to take a leave of absence (LOA), temporarily carry a reduced course load, extend your stay or change your status upon completion of your studies. You need to understand the rules governing these processes and your responsibility to take care of these matters in a timely manner in order to maintain a proper visa while in Japan.

Decisions whether or not to continue to act as a sponsor for a student visa or otherwise to assist students with visa-related processes are made by TUJ in its sole discretion. TUJ reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to provide visa sponsorship or assistance with visa-related processes.