Rural Japan has one of the highest depopulation rates in Asia. Luckily, there are people willing to turn the tables and give the countryside a unique appeal! On this trip we will go to the beautiful village of Katori in Chiba. This village, straight out of a samurai movie, is doing its best to revitalize itself and attract young people. On this educational tour we will learn more about how Katori plans to maintain its agricultural industry while trying to give it a unique tourist attraction. Warning: you will get your hands dirty... but what you will learn in this trip will be priceless!
- Date: Saturday, October 1st, 2022
- Time: 07:00 - 18:30
- Fee: ¥3,000
- Event Categories: Student Activities
- Max Capacity: 40 (TUJ students only)
- Register by: Wednesday, September 14th, 2022
- Fee Note: Includes: Chartered bus, harvesting experience, lunch, monkiri (paper cutting) workshop