Receiving a Student Discount for Shinkansen / Long Distance Tickets
For train trips exceeding 100 km one way by JR lines, TUJ students can get 20% discount (Gakuwari) on regular base fare (No discount on express fare, shinkansen express fare, reserved seat fee). To receive this student discount for a Shinkansen / long distance ticket, you need to have a Student Travel Fare Discount Certificate (Discount Certificate) from TUJ.
Please make sure you have both the current semester sticker and a valid commuter sticker (Tsugakushomeisho) on your student ID before applying for a Discount Certificate.
Discount Certificate Request Form
You need to complete ALL of the following to get the discount.
- Please apply at least 3 business days before you wish to receive your ticket.
- Submit the form below with your TUID and family name.
- Check your TUmail and click on the link on the message you receive.
- Submit the Discount Certificate request form.
- Send a photo scan of both sides of your student ID card to email@example.com.