TUJ CARE Team
Following the Main Campus model, the TUJ CARE Team, which consists of members from several departments, receives referrals from undergraduate faculty and staff about students who exhibit concerning behavior. The team meets every two weeks to discuss cases, decide the appropriate next steps and assign a member(s) to implement the recommendations of the team.
CARE Team aims include the early detection of students in distress and helping those students access the resources they need to stay on track academically and prevent their situation from worsening into, for example, a violation of Temple University Student Code of Conduct.
What Can Be Reported to the CARE Team
- Unusual or erratic behavior in class, in residence halls, during advising sessions
- Extended absence from class or activities by a typically engaged student
- Written work or creative expression with troubling themes or references
- Verbal or written threats made by a student toward another student, faculty or staff
- Written or verbal expressions of suicidal ideation or intent
- Other actions which cause an alarm or call into question the safety of the student or their peers
Making a Referral
If you have a referral, please contact the TUJ CARE Team:
- Online Reporting Form
Note: The TUJ CARE Team is not an emergency contact. When there is a case that needs immediate attention, e.g. suicidal or homicidal behavior, faculty and staff should follow TUJ's emergency protocol.
Temple University, Japan Campus
TUJ CARE Team