- Wednesday, May 16 – Part 2 starts at 18:30 (Part 1 starts at 15:30)
- Ito International Research Center, the University of Tokyo Hongo Campus
- English and Japanese (simultaneous interpretation provided) (Part 1 is in Japanese only)
- https://goo.gl/forms/HIowdDk2RwhVX3Ky2 (Please sign up by noon, 5/15)
- First-come first-serve.
- No registration required for media and journalists.
Temple University will co-organize Part 2 of “Future of college sports and student athletes– moving forward college sports reformation” with the University of Tsukuba’s Athletic Department, as part of a special symposium hosted by the University of Tokyo’s Division for External Relations and the University of Tokyo Sports Science Initiative (UTSSI). The symposium will be held at the Ito International Research Center on the University of Tokyo’s Hongo Campus on Wednesday, May 16.
Temple’s American football team “Temple Owls” Head Coach Geoff Collins will be traveling from Main Campus in Philadelphia with student athletes for cultural exchange and experience as part of a credit-bearing course. Together with the University of Tokyo and University of Tsukuba, student athletes and coaches from the U.S. and Japan will discuss the state of and future development of college sports in both countries.
It is open to public and free. We look forward to your participation.
Part 2 “Future of college sports and student athletes – moving forward college sports reformation”
Co-organized by: Temple University and University of Tsukuba Athletic Department
- Opening remarks by Dean Bruce Stronach, Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ)
Lectures and Presentations:
- “State of the College Sport in the U.S.” by Associate Professor Jeremy Jordan, Temple University
- “Tsukuba’s initiatives toward College Sport Reformation” by Sports Administrator Shinzo Yamada, University of Tsukuba
- “Today’s Student Athlete – Experiences and Expectations” by American football team “Temple Owls” Head Coach Geoff Collins, Temple University
- Panel discussion by student athletes and coaches from the U.S. and Japan – “Future of College Sports and Student Athletes” (the University of Tokyo, University of Tsukuba, and Temple University)
Moderated by Visiting Associate Professor Kevin Abe, University of Tsukuba
Special Symposium “Future of College Sports”
- Part 1
- “Social contributions to sports through cutting-edge technology by the University of Tokyo”
- Part 2
- “Future of college sports and student athletes – moving forward college sports reformation”
The University of Tokyo – Division for External Relations
Media Inquiries for Part 2
Temple University, Japan Campus – Communications and Marketing Support