New Members of TUJ Board of Overseers Announced
May 25, 2012
Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) announced that three new members have been appointed to the TUJ Board of Overseers by the Temple University Board of Trustees.
- Yoshio Murakami / Special Advisor for International Herald Tribune, Japan Edition, and former Board Director of Asahi Shimbun
- Robert A. Siedell / President, American Express International, Inc. (Japan)
- Toshiaki Yokozawa / President & CEO, Asahi-Ecocarry Inc.
The TUJ Board of Overseers, established and authorized by the President and the Temple University Board of Trustees' Committee on Trustee Affairs in February 2011, serves an advisory function to provide TUJ with informed support on both academic and administrative matters from experts outside TUJ.
The three new appointments bring the regular membership of the Board to 14 (see below for a full list). As TUJ celebrates its 30th anniversary this year, it plans to continue to upgrade its educational programs and improve its presence in Japan by fully utilizing the support of these distinguished overseers.
Commenting on the new members, TUJ Dean Bruce Stronach said:
The three new members of the Board of Overseers include three key constituencies that are crucial to TUJ's mission of providing truly international liberal arts education to develop global citizens who can demonstrate leadership wherever they are, whatever they do. It is through the support of people like Mr. Murakami, one of Japan's most respected foreign correspondents; Mr. Yokozawa, a Temple University alumnus and entrepreneur who runs an eco-friendly waste disposal company; and Mr. Siedell, a leader of one of America's top corporations in Japan, that TUJ will continue to grow and thrive for many more years to come."
TUJ's 30th anniversary website features a message from the Dean and alumni comments as well as interviews with a few members of the Board of Overseers. Entitled "TUJ Room," this interview series is hosted by Ms. Midori Kaneko, the Board's chairperson, and discusses topics such as business leadership, the importance of education, globalization, and more.
TUJ Board of Overseers (as of May 25, 2012)
Midori Kaneko, General Manager, Communications-AsiaPacific, GE Healthcare AsiaPacific
- William Bishop Jr., Director, Corporate Affairs, Nippon Becton Dickinson Company Ltd.
See video interview (25 min/English)
- Jasper Cheung, President, Amazon Japan K.K.
See video interview (27 min/Japanese)
- Etsuo Doi, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Hisao Ikegami, Senior Advisor, President's Office, The University of Tokyo
- Sumiko Iwao, Professor Emeritus, Keio University, Tokyo City University
- Akihiko Kubo, Executive Vice President, Ogilvy & Mather (Japan) GK
- Yasutoyo Murakami, President, CEO, Hyponex Japan Corp., Ltd.
- Yoshio Murakami, Special Adviser for International Herald Tribune, Japan Edition, and former Board Director of Asahi Shimbun
- Robert Noddin, Representative in Japan & CEO, AIU Insurance Company
See video interview (31 min/English)
- David H. Satterwhite, Executive Director, The Japan-United States Educational Commission (Fulbright Program)
- Koji Shimada, President, KLT Management
- Robert A. Siedell, President, American Express International, Inc. (Japan)
- Toshiaki Yokozawa, President & CEO, Asahi-Ecocarry Inc.