Workshop: Unleash the Power of Excel
- Date & Time:
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016
19:00-21:00 (door opens at 18:30)
- Temple University, Japan Campus, Azabu Hall, Computer Lab (Room 501) (Access)
- 1,000 yen (pay at the door)
- English (no translation provided)
- Registration Deadline:
- Thursday, February 11, 2016
- Registration Form
- Registration is now closed.
Join Dr. Isaac Gottlieb in this 2-hour workshop, and learn to unleash the power of Excel to solve decision problems you thought could not be solved.
Management science has developed mathematical models to solve complex decision-making problems. Excel is the best platform to solve complex management science problems without even thinking about math.
Excel is easy to use, though many users are unaware of its power to address complex problems. This workshop is not about memorizing a set of formulas and plugging in numbers to solve problems. The goal is to teach you how to use Excel to help you with complex decisions you face.
- Learn many decision-making techniques you can use
- Discover how to demonstrate solutions to your audience
- Learn how to use Excel much faster and more efficiently
- Create elaborate and animated charts
Examples will be used from practical applications and disciplines such as accounting, finance, manufacturing, operations. You can apply these techniques to commercial or not-for-profit organizations, in the private or public sector.
Who Should Attend?
- Current students and alumni
- Analysts, business decision makers and finance professionals who use Excel to solve problems and make better decisions
What will be covered?
- How to use Excel much faster and more efficiently; and understanding charts (from easy to intermediate)
- Use simple, intermediate, and advanced sensitivity analysis techniques for making decisions (intermediate)
- Discover how to surprise your audience using Excel as a captivating presentation tool to demonstrate your solutions (advanced)
Bring Your Own Device
Attendees are encouraged to bring along their own laptops installed with Microsoft Office to experience the step-by-step demos.
About the Lecturer
Isaac Gottlieb, Ph.D.
Professor, Temple University
Dr. Isaac Gottlieb holds a Ph.D. from Columbia University. He has taught Excel for Decision Making to more than 30,000 students and professionals in the last 15 years. He is still teaching the classes to MBA students at Temple, Columbia University, New York University and other universities. He has published two editions of Next Generation Excel: Next Modeling in Excel For Analysts and MBAs, and is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional.
- Ph.D., Columbia University