Student Visa Information

All non-Japanese students who intend to take classes for more than three months and who do not have a resident, diplomatic, dependent, or spousal visa must acquire a Japanese student visa. Students cannot apply for a Japanese student visa independently of TUJ. TUJ must submit a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) application on behalf of all admitted students to the Japanese Immigration Bureau, and you must complete and submit a visa application to your local Japanese embassy or consulate. It is a two-step process.