Part time instructor – Web Design
Continuing Education Program (Tokyo)
Part time (semester-based contract)
One to two 2-hour courses per semester (Semesters run: Jan-Mar; May-July; Sep-Dec); Weekday evenings or Saturdays
This position is only available to applicants who are eligible to work in Japan (the position does not include visa sponsorship).
Salary & Benefits
In accordance with the pay scale determined and used in the program.
Overview of Position
The Continuing Education Program at Temple University Japan is seeking a qualified and experienced instructor to design and facilitate a series of courses on website design and production. Courses are typically held on weekday evenings or weekends and are primarily targeted at non-degree seeking working adults. Courses could range from the basics of website design and development (including an introduction to common software applications) to more complex elements suitable for the ongoing professional development of current practitioners.
Web design and development
Qualifications & Experiences
- Master’s degree (preferred); or Professional Certification in the field
- Significant industry experience demonstrated through a portfolio of active websites embodying key principles of design and UX
- Teaching/training experience
- The ideal candidate will be able to teach at both basic and more advanced levels
Review of applications will begin immediately. Please send applications to email@example.com with:
- a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and what appeals to you about the position;
- full academic/professional c.v.;
- two references and their contact information.
Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the email subject box. Also, we would appreciate it very much if you could let us know which website/resource you found out about this position.
Only those applicants who make it past the initial review will be contacted.