Instructor for Web Design
Continuing Education Program (Tokyo)
Part-time (semester-based contracts)
Period & Hours
One to two 2-hour courses per week, for 10 weeks; Weekday evenings or Saturdays (Semesters run: Jan-Mar; May-July; Sep-Dec)
This position is only available to applicants who are eligible to work in Japan (the position does not include visa sponsorship).
Salary & Benefits
In accordance with the pay scale determined and used in the program.
Overview of Position
The Continuing Education Program at Temple University Japan is seeking a qualified and experienced instructor to design and facilitate a series of courses on web design. Courses are typically held on weekday evenings or weekends and are primarily targeted at non-degree seeking working adults. Courses could range from the basics of web design (including an introduction to common software applications) to more complex elements suitable for the ongoing professional development of current practitioners.
Qualifications & Experiences
- Master’s degree (preferred); or Professional Certification in the field
- Significant industry experience demonstrated through a portfolio of websites embodying key principles of design and UX
- Teaching/training experience
- The ideal candidate will be able to teach at both basic and more advanced levels
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and what appeals to you about the position;
- full academic/professional c.v. including a portfolio of websites you have designed; and
- two references and their contact information.
Indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the email subject box. Also, we would appreciate it very much if you could let us know from which website/resource you found out about this position.
Only those applicants who make it past the initial review will be contacted.