- This event has passed.
Dialogue with Former US Prisoner of War (POW) in Japan and POW Family Members
- Caroline Burkhart (Daughter of Mr. Thomas F. Burkhart, U.S. Army)
- Mary Blaine (Daughter of Mr. John J. McCorts, U.S. Army)
- Joe Brown (Son of Mr. Charles D. Brown, U.S. Army)
- John Whitehurst (Son of Mr. Collin B. Whitehurst Jr., U.S. Army)
- Shirley Emerson Steele (Widow of Mr. Charles Steele, U.S. Army)
- Henry Chamberlain (U.S. Air Force)
- Doris Jean Pruitt (Widow of Mr. Charles L. Pruitt, U.S. Navy)
We are happy to invite you to a special event with a former American prisoner of war (POW) and six family members. They will be visiting Japan at the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as part of a cultural diplomacy program that started in 2010. The program, entitled “2017 The Japanese/POW Friendship Program”, seeks to promote a mutual understanding between the Japanese and American people by inviting former POWs, their family members, and caregivers to Japan as a gesture of reconciliation.
A former POW will share a story about his experience as prisoner in Japan during the War. Family members of other POWs will also be present to share the stories of their fathers and husbands.
It has been an honor for ICAS to host the American POWs and their families for seven consecutive years.