- This event has passed.
Dialogue with Family of Former US Prisoners of War in Japan 2016
- Doris De Vivo (Widow of Frank De Vivo (U.S. Army))
- Patricia Thompson (Widow of Clarence A. Thompson (U.S. Marine Corps))
- Ruth Wilber Sheaves (Widow of Charles O. Wilber (U.S. Army Air Corps))
- Kristin Dahlstrom (Child of William J. Ellis Jr. (U.S. Army))
- Rose Bridges (Widow of Talmadge Bridges (U.S. Army))
This is a special event with five family members of former American prisoners of war in Japan. They will be visiting Japan at the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as part of a cultural diplomacy program that started in 2010. The program, entitled “2016 The Japanese/POW Friendship Program”, seeks to promote a mutual understanding between the Japanese and American people by inviting family members and caregivers of former American POWs to Japan as a gesture of reconciliation.
Family members will share stories of their husbands and fathers who experienced Japan as prisoners during the War.
It is our honor in ICAS to host the American POWs and their family for six consecutive years.