TUJ Mentor Program
Expand your professional network with a mentor in your desired career field
TUJ began developing a mentoring program in 2013 as a way to provide additional career support to students who participate in credit internships. Our goal is to help students expand their professional networks by connecting interns to professionals in their fields who are not directly affiliated with either TUJ or their internship organizations. Mentors provide valuable support to students by discussing their own career paths and by responding to student questions regarding their own future careers.
- Currently matriculated TUJ student
- Currently enrolled in a credit internship or have successfully completed a credit internship at TUJ
- Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher
- Good disciplinary standing (students on disciplinary probation or warning are ineligible)
- Willing to commit to meeting with mentor at least once during the applicable academic term
Note: participation is limited and acceptance not guaranteed.
Applying for the Program
In order to apply, submit the following materials to the Career Development Office by the second week of the applicable academic term:
- Completed application form with signature
- Contact information for one reference (either a professor, an internship supervisor, or a supervisor at a current/recent part-time job). You must get permission from your reference for us to contact him or her.
We will get back to you, usually within a week, with the result of your application and one or more suggestions for the mentor we think we will be able to introduce to you. After considering the profile of the potential mentor, you will have a chance to opt in or out of the mentoring program. If you opt in, we expect you to comply with the term outlined in the “applicant undertakings.” If you opt out, you are welcome to apply again in the future. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Mentor
We are looking for TUJ alumni and other professionals working in Tokyo who are interested in mentoring TUJ students.
For more details, contact email@example.com.