Workshop for Japanese High School Teachers
From FY2013 onwards, "English classes must be taught in English as a basic rule" in Japanese high schools. This, without a doubt, has become a source of great stress to teachers who, up to now, have been teaching English in Japanese. Teaching classes in English is no easy matter. Even teachers who have studied abroad and are capable of everyday conversation in English find teaching high-level high school English in English to be far from straightforward.
AEP, which has long taught English to Japanese people in English, offers the Workshop for Japanese High School Teachers, to ensure that high school teachers who are anxious about these new teaching methods are able to step forward into FY2013 with more confidence. While improving teachers’ own English competency, the course will also instruct teachers in guidance methods to help teachers make their own classes easier for their students to understand. Course details
- App Deadline:
- Friday, April 11, 2014
- This program will not be offered in Summer Semester 2014.
- 39,500 yen (Tax included)
*Library and Computer Lab usage fees are also included
- Japanese high school teachers of English (teachers of Japanese universities and Japanese teachers of English language schools are also acceptable)
- Anyone holding a teaching license
- Dates and Times:
- Saturday 14:30-17:30
- Every other week (5 classes for a total of 15 hours) Course Schedule
- Apply for this Course
- English competency necessary for teaching English classes in English
- How to teach classes in English
- Creating communication-centered assignments based on current textbooks
- Activities to help teachers learn "the ability to create their own English sentences" as a foundation for communication.
- Conduct English classes in English while meeting the preparation requirements of university entrance examinations
The Workshop is taught by native English speaking instructors with a wealth of experience of education in Japan and Japanese instructors who have taught in both the United States and Japan. Classes are held in English; however, as the instructors have considerable experience in the training of English teachers at AEP, teachers who are not confident about their English should not feel worried.
Steps to Attend the Program
Please follow the procedures below to attend the course.
1. Submit your application
Please apply online, by phone or in person at the university by the specified deadline.
2. Receiving the program details
Details of tuition fee payment will be sent to you via e-mail, and the course guide will be sent by post. The mailing of this document serves as notification that you are now officially enrolled on the course.
3. Pay the tuition fees
Please pay the tuition fees via wire transfer to the specified bank account by the deadline.
4. What to bring on the first day
On the first day of class, please bring a copy of the confirmation slip from the wire transfer of the tuition fees, the Program Guide, and a color passport-size photo (4 cm high x 3 cm wide).
Please apply using the online application form, by phone, or in person at the university. Please feel free to contact us for any questions about course details or the application process.
This program will not be offered in Summer Semester 2014.
Note: Please be aware that courses cannot be offered in the event that there are insufficient numbers of applicants.