Grad Prep Course
An evening course for those seeking the English skills necessary for graduate-level work.
2021 Summer Semester
- Thursday, May 6 - Tuesday, July 13, 2021 (20 classes)
- Application Deadline:
- Sunday, April 25
*We will stop accepting applications once all seats are filled.
*Depending on space availability, we may accept applications even after the deadline.
*Applications received outside business hours will be processed the next business day.
*Please note that the schedule and the style of this course, whether held online or on campus, are subject to change without notice.
- Apply for this Course
If you have any questions or concerns about the class, we would be glad to arrange an individual meeting (English or Japanese). To schedule an individual meeting, please contact the Academic English Program at email@example.com.
- 73,000 yen (Tax Included)
*Library and Computer Lab usage fees are also included.
- Designed for:
- Senior-year university students and working professionals who have been accepted by TUJ (MBA, TESOL, and LAW) or by a graduate school overseas; or
- College students and working professionals who wish to enter a graduate program at TUJ or overseas, but have not yet been accepted and have a minimum English standard test score of TOEFL iBT 80, or IELTS 6.0.If you have a TOEFL ITP score, please contact us.
- A copy of proof of acceptance into a graduate program; or
- A copy of an English standardized test score.
- Dates and Times:
- Tuesday & Thursday 19:30-21:00 (20 classes for a total of 30 hours)
- Temple University, Japan Campus (Access: 7-minute walk from Sangen-jaya station, Tokyu Den-en-toshi Line)
- Register for this Course
If you have any questions or worries about the class and would like some advice, we are happy to arrange an individual meeting (English or Japanese). Please feel free to contact Admissions Counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This course expects students to attend most, if not all, of the classes. Assignments will also be given. Please consider carefully before applying whether you have sufficient time to both attend classes and to tackle the homework assignments.
This course is designed for those who have already been accepted into or who will soon apply to graduate courses at TUJ or in English-speaking countries. By cultivating the academic skills necessary to take up the challenge of graduate school classes, the course enables students who have not graduated from English-speaking universities to smoothly transition into graduate school.
This course is conducted in English. Students learn the foundations of academic skills, including critical thinking skills, analytical skills, and time management, as well as academic English skills, including reading academic texts, writing academic papers, essay formats (MLA, APA, etc.), research and citation methods, how to participate in group discussions, and how to give presentations.
- MLA = Modern Language Association
- APA = American Psychological Association
Individual guidance is given outside classroom hours during the course. Each student receives 1-2 sessions of individual guidance on class content, essay composition and assignments for 10-15 minutes before the start of class, at times arranged between the student and instructor.
If your educational plans include advanced study in Graduate School, please consider one of our Graduate Preparation courses. Through intensive study, students will learn the academic skill set essential for success in Graduate School. In addition to individual work, these courses foster a lively spirit of teamwork with fellow classmates—just like many classes in Graduate School. I hope to meet you in class!
Grad Prep Course instructor
Steps to Attend the Program
Please follow the procedures below to attend the course.
1. Submit your application
Please apply through the online form by the specified deadline.
2. Receiving the program details
Details of tuition fee payment and the course guide will be sent to you via e-mail. The email serves as notification that you are now officially enrolled on the course.
3. Pay the tuition fees
Please pay the tuition fees via wire transfer to the specified bank account by the deadline.
4. Submit the documents by the first day of class
Submitting an Electronic signature on Adobe Sign
- Click the URL of the email you received from AEP.
- Check the required documents and sign in the signature line using some sort of electronic input.(ie Using a stylus, touchscreen, or mouse) by handwriting or inputting.
- "Click to sign" to complete the signature.
By the first day of class, please scan or take a photo of the following documents and send them as attachments to email@example.com.
- Confirmation slip from the wire transfer for of the tuition fees
Please apply using the online application form, by phone, or in person at the university. Please feel free to contact us for any questions about course details or the application process.
*Depending on space availability, we may accept applications even after the deadline has passed. Please submit the application form, and we will get back to you.
Note: Please be aware that courses cannot be offered in the event that there are insufficient numbers of applicants.