Research Tutorial (Evening)
2021 Spring Semester
- Wednesday, January 13 – Wednesday, March 29 (20 classes)
- Application Deadline:
- Sunday, December 27, 2020
*We will stop accepting applications once all seats are filled.
*Depending on space availability, we may accept applications even after the deadline.
*Applications received outside business hours will be processed the next business day.
*Please note that the schedule and the style of this course, whether held online or on campus, are subject to change without notice.
- The application period has ended.
- 61,900 yen (Tax Included)
*Library and Computer Lab usage fees are also included.
- Designed for:
- College students, adults, and senior-year high school students who have been accepted by TUJ or a university overseas;
- Adults and college students who have been accepted to short study-abroad programs at TUJ or a university overseas; or
- College students and other adults who have a minimum English standard test score of TOEFL iBT 60, or IELTS 5.0. If you have a TOEFL ITP score, please contact us.
- This course is for high school graduates or higher. If you are a high school student, consider AEP High School.
- Dates and Times:
- Monday & Wednesday 19:30-21:00
- 2 classes a week (20 classes for a total of 30 hours)
- Online (Zoom)
- Apply for this Course
If you have any questions or worries about the class and would like some advice, we are happy to arrange an individual meeting (English or Japanese). Please feel free to contact Admissions Counseling at email@example.com.
This course is mainly designed for working adults in international fields with intermediate to advanced English proficiency, as well as for those who wish to become master’s or doctoral students or researchers.
The course goal is to acquire advanced academic English skills, while conducting academic research on a theme of each student's own choice.
Students will read various articles and materials on their research theme and work on one of the following as a semester project: a Literature Review or a State of the Art Essay on the theme, under the guidance of the instructor. Each Student can select which type of project they want to do, and anyone from any field, regardless of their major, can participate in this course.
Note: There will be no follow-up of each class, such as recorded videos, for those who missed the classes.
|January||13, 18, 20, 25, 27|
|February||1, 3, 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24|
|March||1, 8, 10, 15, 17, 24, 29|
*There will be no class on January 11, March 3 and 22.
Steps to Attend the Program
Please follow the procedures below to attend the course.
1. Submit your application
Please apply through the online form by the specified deadline.
2. Receiving the program details
Details of tuition fee payment and the course guide will be sent to you via e-mail. The email serves as notification that you are now officially enrolled on the course.
3. Pay the tuition fees
Please pay the tuition fees via wire transfer to the specified bank account by the deadline.
4. Documents to submit by the first day of class
Please find these following documents in the link.
*Please sign and email documents #2 and #3 to firstname.lastname@example.org by the first class day.
By the first day of class, please scan or take a photo of the following documents and send these attachments to email@example.com.
- confirmation slip from the wire transfer of the tuition fees
- signed document(s) Please find the document from the link above.
- a picture of the participant
Please apply using the online application form and by phone at the university. Please feel free to contact us for any questions about course details or the application process.
*Depending on space availability, we may accept applications even after the deadline has passed. Please submit the application form, and we will get back to you.
The application period has ended.
Note: Please be aware that courses cannot be offered in the event that there are insufficient numbers of applicants.