College Prep Course
An evening course for those who are looking to become proficient in university-level English.
2021 Summer Semester
- Monday, May 10 – Wednesday, July 14, 2021 (20 classes)
- Application Deadline:
- Sunday, April 25
*We will stop accepting applications once all seats are filled.
*Depending on space availability, we may accept applications even after the deadline.
*Applications received outside of business hours will be processed the next business day.
*Please note that the schedule and the style of this course, whether held online or on campus, are subject to change without notice.
- The application period has ended.
- Apply for this Course
If you have any questions or concerns about the class, we would be glad to arrange an individual meeting (English or Japanese). To schedule an individual meeting, please contact the Academic English Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 73,000 yen (Tax Included)
*Library and Computer Lab usage fees are also included
- Designed for:
- College students, adults, and senior-year high school students who have been accepted by TUJ or a university overseas;
- Adults and college students who have been accepted to short study-abroad programs at TUJ or a university overseas; or
- College students and other adults who have a minimum English standard test score of TOEFL iBT 61, or IELTS 5.0. If you have a TOEFL ITP score, please contact us.
- Proof of acceptance into a university’s undergraduate or study abroad program; or
- A copy of an English standardized test result.
- Dates and Times:
- Monday & Wednesday 19:30-21:00 (20 classes for a total of 30 hours)
- Class Format:
- In person at Temple University, Japan Campus (Access: 7-minute walk from Sangen-jaya station, Tokyu Den-en-toshi Line)
Note: This course expects students to attend most, if not all, of the classes. Assignments will also be given. Please consider carefully before applying whether you have sufficient time to both attend classes and complete the homework assignments.
This course is designed for those who have already been accepted into undergraduate programs in English-speaking countries, and those who aim to study abroad to acquire the necessary academic skills. By learning and practicing the academic skills necessary to take up the challenge of undergraduate classes, the course enables students who have little experience with academic courses taught in English to smoothly transition into undergraduate programs.
Individual guidance is given outside classroom hours during the course. Each student receives 1-2 sessions of individual guidance on class content, essay composition and assignments for 10-15 minutes before the start of class, at times arranged between the student and instructor.
Steps to Attend the Program
Please follow the procedures below to attend the course.
1. Submit your application
Please apply through the online form by the specified deadline.
2. Receiving the program details
Details of tuition fee payment and the course guide will be sent to you via e-mail. The email serves as notification that you are now officially enrolled on the course.
3. Pay the tuition fees
Please pay the tuition fees via wire transfer to the specified bank account by the deadline.
4. Submit the documents by the first day of class
Submitting an Electronic signature on Adobe Sign
- Click the URL of the email you received from AEP.
- Check the required documents and sign in the signature line using some sort of electronic input.(ie Using a stylus, touchscreen, or mouse) by handwriting or inputting.
- "Click to sign" to complete the signature.
By the first day of class, please scan or take a photo of the following documents and send them as attachments to email@example.com.
- Confirmation slip from the wire transfer for of the tuition fees
Please apply using the online application form, by phone, or in person at the university. Please feel free to contact us for any questions about course details or the application process.
*Depending on space availability, we may accept applications even after the deadline has passed. Please submit the application form, and we will get back to you.
The application period has ended.
Note: Please be aware that courses cannot be offered in the event that there are insufficient numbers of applicants.