College Prep Course
An evening course for those who are looking to become proficient in university-level English.
2020 Summer Semester
- Monday, May 11 – Wednesday, July 15, 2020 (20 classes)
- Application Deadline:
- Sunday, April 26, 2020
*We will stop accepting applications once all seats are filled.
*Depending on space availability, we may accept applications even after the deadline.
*Applications received outside business hours will be processed the next business day.
- We will begin accepting applications mid-January.
- 73,000 yen (Tax Included)
*Library and Computer Lab usage fees are also included
- Designed for:
- College students, adults, and senior-year high school students who have been accepted by TUJ or a university overseas;
- Adults and college students who have been accepted to short study-abroad programs at TUJ or a university overseas; or
- College students and other adults who have a minimum English standard test score of TOEFL iBT 60, or IELTS 5.0. If you have a TOEFL ITP score, please contact us.
- Proof of acceptance into a university’s undergraduate or study abroad program; or
- A copy of an English standardized test result.
- Dates and Times:
- Monday & Wednesday 19:30-21:00 (20 classes for a total of 30 hours)
- Temple University, Japan Campus (Access: 7-minute walk from Sangen-jaya station, Tokyu Den-en-toshi Line)
*TUJ moved to a new location in August 2019.
- Apply for this Course
If you have any questions or worries about the class and would like some advice, we are happy to arrange an individual meeting (English or Japanese). Please feel free to contact Admissions Counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This course expects students to attend most, if not all, of the classes. Assignments will also be given. Please consider carefully before applying whether you have sufficient time to both attend classes and complete the homework assignments.
Note: We have changed the course fee, starting from Spring 2020.
This course is designed for those who have already been accepted into undergraduate programs in English-speaking countries, and those who aim to study abroad to acquire the necessary academic skills. By learning and practicing the academic skills necessary to take up the challenge of undergraduate classes, the course enables students who have little experience with academic courses taught in English to smoothly transition into undergraduate programs.
Individual guidance is given outside classroom hours during the course. Each student receives 1-2 sessions of individual guidance on class content, essay composition and assignments for 10-15 minutes before the start of class, at times arranged between the student and instructor.
Steps to Attend the Program
Please follow the procedures below to attend the course.
1. Submit your application
Please apply online, by phone or in person at the university by the specified deadline.
2. Request sending us your acceptance certification or English standard test score
After you submit your application, we will e-mail you requesting that you send us your acceptance certification or English standard test score. Please send us the required documents following the instructions, either by post or e-mail.
3. Receiving the program details
After your certification or English standard test score have been received, details of the tuition fee payment will be sent to you via e-mail, and the course guide will be sent by post. The mailing of this document serves as notification that you are now officially enrolled on the course.
4. Pay the tuition fees
Please pay the tuition fees via wire transfer to the specified bank account by the deadline.
5. What to bring on the first day
On the first day of class, please bring a copy of the confirmation slip from the wire transfer of the tuition fees, the Program Guide, and a color passport-size photo (4 cm high x 3 cm wide).
Please apply using the online application form, by phone, or in person at the university. Please feel free to contact us for any questions about course details or the application process.
*Depending on space availability, we may accept applications even after the deadline has passed. Please submit the application form, and we will get back to you.
We will begin accepting applications mid-January.
Note: Please be aware that courses cannot be offered in the event that there are insufficient numbers of applicants.