Areas of Expertise
Memory Politics, Nationalism, International Relations, Political Communication.
- Gries, P. and Wang, Y. (2020). Proscribing the ‘Spiritually Japanese’: Popular Indignation, Authoritarian Responsiveness, and Regime Legitimation in China Today. The China Quarterly, 1-20.
- Wang, Y. (2020). ‘The Backward Will Be Beaten’: Historical Lesson, Security, and Nationalism in China. Journal of Contemporary China 29(126), 887-900.
- Wang, Y. (2019). Contesting the Past on the Chinese Internet: Han-Centrism and Mnemonic Practices. Memory Studies, 1-14.
- Wang, Y. and Chew, M. (2016). Chinese Media Transition and News Production of Nationalism: The Political, Political Economy, and Cultural Approaches. China Media Research 12(1),60-70.
Ph.D. Waseda University
Postdoctoral Research Associate, The University of Manchester
- American Political Science Association
- The International Studies Association
- Memory Studies Association