Students are admitted as either:
1. Matriculated students
Students intending to complete a degree from Temple University.
2. Permanent non-matriculated students
Students who plan to take fewer than 30 credits at TUJ without earning a degree from Temple University (includes summer-only and visiting students from other universities).
3. Conditional non-matriculated students
Degree-seeking students who are conditionally admitted to the Undergraduate Program (includes Bridge Program students).
- Conditionally admitted students will matriculate upon successful completion of the terms of their acceptance. All other non-matriculated students must apply for matriculation if they wish to complete more than 30 credits at TUJ.
- Accepted students will be allowed to defer enrollment up to three semesters past their original semester of admission without being required to complete a new application for admission. Students who wish to defer to a future semester must notify TUJ in writing of their intention. Any TUJ merit scholarships awarded would be forfeited and a student would need to request to be reconsidered for scholarships for their new semester of admission.
- If students are unable to complete any stage of the admissions process (including the visa application) in a timely manner, TUJ reserves the right to cancel or defer a student’s admission.
- More information on high school diploma and required credits can be found here.