Admission Application Requirements for Non-degree-seeking Students
Submit all of the following items by the deadline. Items postmarked by the deadline but arriving late will not be considered on time. All documents not in English must be professionally translated. Submit the original document and the translation together with a letter of verification from the translator or a notarization attesting to the accuracy of the translation. Documents will not be returned. Prospective students are encouraged to complete their application for admission well in advance of the deadline.
Non-degree-seeking students will have their transcripts reviewed for admissions purposes, but not for transfer credit and will not receive a credit transfer evaluation.
1. Admission Application Form
Please complete one of the following:
2. Official Standardized Test Results
For Native English Speakers
One of the following examinations:
For Non-native English Speakers
One of the following examinations taken no earlier than two years before the date of application to TUJ:
- TOEFL: Order an official score report using TUJ's school code (9698). For more information on the TOEFL examination, visit www.ets.org/toefl/
- IELTS: E-mail a copy of your score report to email@example.com
- PTE: Order an official score report to be sent to the Japan Campus listed under Temple University. For more information on PTE, visit www.pearsonpte.com
3. Official University or College Transcripts in English
Submit transcripts from all accredited universities and colleges where the applicant was ever enrolled and, if necessary, an English translation. Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope issued by the institution.
Applicants with less than 30 college-level semester credits must submit both high school (or GED) transcript and college transcripts.
4. List of Courses Applicant Wishes to Take at TUJ
List should contain three to four courses. Placement in the requested courses is not guaranteed and will depend on placement test results, space availability, and fulfillment of any prerequisites based on previously completed university coursework.
5. Non-refundable Application Fee of ¥10,300
For non-degree-seeking students applying for summer semester only, the non-refundable application fee is ¥16,200. TUJ does not sponsor student visas for summer-only students, as many nationalities are eligible for a three-month tourist visa. Applicants should check the visa policy for their own country. If you are from a TUJ-affiliated school, the application fee is waived.
Send all documents to the following office:
Temple University, Japan Campus Admissions Counseling Office
2-8-12 Minami Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0047, Japan
- Weekdays 9:00-17:30 (Japan Time)