Process for Receiving GI Bill Benefits at TUJ
Individuals who are eligible for GI Bill benefits may apply those benefits to TUJ. Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits for tuition and housing are based on Pennsylvania rates. You can calculate your individual benefits at The New GI Bill website.
The application process for GI Bill benefits can be lengthy, so be sure to start early and work closely with your Office of Veterans Affairs as well as TUJ Admissions Counselors. Please follow the steps outlined below to ensure smooth processing of your application:
- Complete all TUJ admission application requirements (application form and all supporting documents). TUJ has a rolling admissions process and prospective students typically receive an admissions decision in two to four weeks upon completion of their application.
- Apply for GI Bill benefits online or call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to have the form (VA Form 22-1990) sent to you. Use the Temple University Main Campus address in Philadelphia when completing the form. Once the VA has processed your application, they will notify you of their decision regarding your eligibility for education assistance and issue a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
- Submit a PDF copy of the COE issued by the VA either to your Admissions Counselor when applying for admission, or to the Office of Student Services after you get accepted to TUJ.
- After you register for courses, Temple University will certify your enrollment.
- The VA will distribute tuition and fees to TUJ via Temple University Main Campus and your monthly living stipend will be sent directly to you.
For more information on the GI Bill program at TUJ, please visit the TUJ GI Bill and Veterans Page.