Intra-University Transfer / Change of Program

Last update: December 2015

Intra-University Transfer (IUT) from TUJ to the Main Campus

Intra-University Transfer (IUT) / Change of Program (CoP) denotes a student's transfer from one academic unit within the university to another and/or from one campus to another.

Matriculated full-time students at TUJ who meet certain academic minimum requirements may apply for transfer to study at Temple's Main Campus. It is always recommended that students transfer either in Fall or Spring semester.

All students who intend to transfer to Main Campus must attend a mandatory information session at the beginning of the semester prior to transferring (students who plan to transfer in Fall semester must attend the Spring information session as there is no session held in Summer). The Academic Advising Center (AAC) sends an announcement regarding this information session via e-mail in the first week of each semester (except for Summer).

In order to apply for IUT to Main Campus, students must satisfy the following criteria:

  • Be matriculated and enrolled at TUJ when they sign up for IUT;
  • Have passed English composition 0802 / 0812 with a grade of C- or better;
  • Have completed full-time course work (12+ credits) for at least one semester (semester GPA must have been 2.00 or better);
  • Have maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better;
  • Complete the semester that they apply for IUT with a semester GPA of 2.00 or better.

Students may initiate transfer from one college within the university to another if they are in good academic standing and hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher. In addition to these conditions, there are specific transfer criteria required by each college (e.g., College of Science and Technology, Tyler School of Art, Boyer College of Music and Dance). For more details, please contact the Academic Advising Center (AAC).

IUT / CoP from the Main Campus to TUJ

Students from Main Campus who wish to complete their degree at TUJ must contact their academic advisors first. Upon the completion of initial review by their advisors, Change of Program form must be submitted to the Academic Resource Center, Division of University Studies.

Students who wish to spend a single semester / academic year at TUJ but plan to eventually return to Main Campus to complete their bachelor's degree should consult with Main Campus' Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses, Suite 200 of Tuttleman Learning Center.