Klein College of Media and Communication Baccalaureate (B.A.) Degree Requirements
Declaration in/after Fall 2013
Last update: August 2017
Credit Hour Requirements
The Klein College of Media and Communication (previously known as School of Media and Communications) requires 124 credits to graduate, distributed according to the college policy and university policy outlined below, with at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
Klein College Requirements for Graduation
Minimum and maximum credit requirements within each major are listed with the departmental requirements.
- MATH 0701/0711 (4 s.h.) and/or ENG 0701/0711 (4 s.h.), if required by placement testing.
- All students must take a minimum of two writing-intensive courses at Temple University as designated by their major requirements. The specific writing-intensive courses required for each major are listed on the individual program pages: Major / Minor Requirements.
- Students must complete requirements of the General Education (GenEd) Program. See the General Education page for further details: General Education (GenEd).
- The total number of credit hours at graduation may be greater for some students based on initial placement exams, transfer evaluations, individual curricular choices, and academic progress.
- Students must fulfill the necessary prerequisites for any given course or course sequence.