Institutional TOEFL (ITP) in Tokyo
Policy Change on Issuance of the Test Results
As of the September 17, 2016 TOEFL ITP test, TUJ policy regarding the test results has been changed. TOEFL ITP tests that TUJ offers are conducted only for the purpose of applications to TUJ programs. Therefore, score slips will be sent directly to each program that a student is applying to and will be kept on file.
Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ), periodically conducts institutional TOEFL (ITP) tests. These scores are valid in an application to the TUJ Undergraduate Program or Graduate Programs (Graduate College of Education, Executive MBA Program, and Beasley School of Law).
The TUJ TOEFL ITP test is only for those who will apply to TUJ. Therefore, those who have already initiated the application process for a program or those who have already started to prepare to apply are eligible to take the TOEFL ITP test. Those wanting to take an TOEFL ITP test who have not yet contacted the program they want to apply to should please contact the program first.
|Test Dates||Registration Deadlines|
|February 9, 2019 (Sat)||January 8, 2019 (Tue)|
|March 9, 2019 (Sat)||February 5, 2019 (Tue)|
|May 25, 2019 (Sat)||April 23, 2019 (Tue)|
|June 22, 2019 (Sat)||May 21, 2019 (Tue)|
|September 21, 2019 (Sat)||August 20, 2019 (Tue)|
|October 19, 2019 (Sat)||September 17, 2019 (Tue)|
- Registration will be closed when it reaches full enrollment
- The test fee has been changed to 5,500 yen for tests held from April 1, 2016, due to a cost increase for test materials
TUJ Azabu Hall, 2F Cafeteria (Access)
- Check-in by:
- Testing Time:
- Approximately 2 hours
Note: Above times are subject to change.
Please complete the following by the registration deadline. (Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30 to 17:00)
- Please register by e-mail (email@example.com).
- Please indicate your name (in English), phone number, program of choice (ie. Undergraduate Program, Graduate College of Education, Executive MBA Program, or Beasley School of Law), and the test date for which you wish to register. You cannot register for the TOEFL ITP test if you have not contacted the program of your choice.
- Please make a payment of 5,500 yen after receiving reservation confirmation.
- You will receive confirmation e-mail after you apply for the TOEFL ITP test via e-mail. (Please ensure to make the payment after receiving confirmation e-mail.)
- Please do not make the payment before you receive reservation confirmation as registration may already be closed.
Note: You are not allowed to register for the tests conducted in Tokyo and Osaka in the same month.
- Mizuho Bank, Azabu Branch
- Account Number:
- Savings, 8014674
Note: Wire transfers should indicate the name of the applicant and test date (ie. JohnTemple0312), and all bank charges should be paid for by the applicant. TUJ does not accept personal checks, cash, or credit card payments.
What to Bring
- Receipt of the wire transfer
- Photo ID (Passport, driver's license, student ID, My Number card, etc.)
- Pencils and eraser.
Note: Examinees will not be able to take the test without a photo ID and test fee will be forfeited.
Test results will arrive at the testing facility in 7 business days, and then will be sent to each program of the examinees' choice. Each program that you are applying to (Undergraduate Program, Graduate College of Education, Executive MBA Program or Beasley School of Law) will then contact you via e-mail about your results. Please note that it may take some days to receive your TOEFL ITP score from the program.
TOEFL ITP tests that TUJ offers are conducted only for the purpose of applications to TUJ programs. Therefore, score slips will be sent directly to each program that a student is applying to and will not be given to examinees.
Rescheduling and Cancellation Policy
To reschedule or cancel your registration, make your request no later than 3 days before your test date. You may only reschedule once, and cannot change your registered venue. In addition, the rescheduled test date must be for the next or second next session of the test after the one that you had originally planned to take. You must pay the rescheduling fee. The rescheduling fee of 1,080 yen (tax included) will apply. There will be no refund for cancellation once you have made the payment.
For more information and registration inquiries about TOEFL ITP tests at Tokyo Center, please contact the following. Regarding results, please wait to be contacted by the program of your choice via e-mail.